Friday, May 17, 2024

How to use a pair of Panasonic G7's for 3D video? This might be a manageable solution...(NOPE)

A pair of Panasonic G7's is just too big to set up for normal 3D, the stereo base between two cameras would be too wide.

Even mounted vertically,  the stereo base is too wide. ( I was going to crop the 4K image to (2160x2160)



The possible solution is a right angle scope.  I could use one, or pair and have the two cameras set up in a "opposing" configuration for 3D video.  Stay tuned!

I got the things to play with and nope, it will not work. 
The length (height of each unit makes it impossible to get the lenses close together in an opposing mirror setup. One also has to zoom in quite a bit.  This is a fail and waste of money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

3.4mm No Distortion Lens for GoPro 7 Hero Black

I think using GoPros for 3D is pretty cool.  My biggest issue is that I don't want the ultra wide fisheye look.   Yes, you can defish ...